Recommended for outdoor wood projects only. For indoor projects, please use our Original or TrueTone products.
This product is part of a finishing system.
You will also need one of our Waterlox Marine Finishes to complete your project.
- Our traditional formulation is product number TB 3809.
- Formulated as a traditional exterior penetrating Tung oil sealer/primer.
- Penetrates and waterproofs when used as the sealer/primer coat(s) in conjunction with Waterlox Original Marine Finish.
- Like all of our Tung oil finishes, 90% of the resin portion of the formula is from renewable, natural resources.
- For exterior projects, when used as a sealer only, apply 2 coats to prime/seal, followed by 2 coats of Marine Finish.
- Excellent for use as a primer, tie-coat or paint additive to improve adhesion.
- Exceptional adhesion to oily, dense, exotic woods like teak, rosewood and ipe.
- Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish (TB 5284) can be used interchangeably with Waterlox Original Marine Sealer (TB 3809).
- Coverage. One gallon covers 500 square feet per coat. One quart covers 125 square feet per coat. The number of coats depends upon the porosity of the wood. No thinning necessary.
- Dry time minimum of 24 hours between coats. Poor ventilation, high humidity or cool temperatures may increase dry times.
Due to VOC regulations, many Waterlox Sealers or Finishes may not be sold in your area. Your zip code will be checked before shipping this product.